Best Ever Brownies
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional
Sift together flour, salt and Clabber Girl Baking Powder; mix in walnuts. In a separate bowl, cream butter or margarine until soft and smooth. Add sugar gradually and cream until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in chocolate and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Turn into an 8x8x2-inch greased pan. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into squares. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Recipe from back of Clabber Girl 10 oz. Baking Powder can.