- 1 12-ounce bag of cranberries
- 1 pureed orange or clementine
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins
- 2 medium apples - sort of peeled (don't be too thorough) and diced or shredded
- a touch of water - about 1/3 cup
- 1/3-2/3 cup sugar
Place everything in a 3 quart saucepan.
Over medium or low heat, warm to dissolve sugar.
Cook to fully soften fruit (especially fresh cranberries). Cool, and then chill well before serving. Makes about 2 cups. This is great as a Thanksgiving side but most people eat it plain!
A twist on a Thanksgiving favorite. Nicely, sweet and sour – as with the best of Jewish cuisine.