Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 4-6 cups leftover pumpkin bread (approximately one loaf)
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously spray a 3-4 quart oven-proof casserole/serving dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk all the ingredients (except the pumpkin bread chunks) in a large bowl.
Place the pumpkin bread chunks in the baking dish and pour the egg mixture over it, making sure all the chunks are coated.
Bake 35-45 minutes until the custard just begins to brown.
Serve hot, warm, cold, or room temperature with sour cream or cream.
Cut in squares to serve. (Freezes well or stays 3 days in the fridge - you can also prepare it, refrigerate it and bake it just before you require it).
This is great, really well chilled and served in big, eat out-of-hand squares. Use the Pumpkin Bread recipe to get the leftover pumpkin bread chunks!