Brown Sugar Cinnamon Apple Kugel
- 1 16 ounce package flat egg noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups, packed, finely grated, drained apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a good pinch salt
Preheat noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch tube pan. Pour1/4 of the melted butter into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on the nuts and brown sugar.
In a bowl, toss the noodles with eggs, sour cream, grated apples, remaining butter, cinnamon and salt. Spoon on top of mixture in the pan.
Bake about one hour, and cool very well before unmolding.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman