Sour Cream Peach Muffins with Almond Crunch Topping
- ALMOND CRUNCH TOPPING
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds,
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- MUFFIN BATTER
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup oil or melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream (lower fat is fine)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peaches, pitted, skins removed
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners.
Prepare Almond Crunch Topping by mixing almonds, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl until crumbly. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together oil or melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Fold in flour, oatmeal, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, baking soda, and salt.
Fold in chopped peaches.
Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out equal size portions of batter into muffin cups.
Distribute Almond Crunch Topping equally on muffins.
Bake, immediately reducing heat to 350 F, until muffins test done by springing back when lightly touched with fingertips, about 25-30 minutes. Cool well, and then remove to finish cooling on wire cake rack.
Makes 9-12 muffins.
Recipe by Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
Give your blueberries a break - let peaches fill in for a sunshiny muffin that is a delicate as a coffeecake.