Georgia-On-My-Mind Peach Pecan Crisp
- PEACH FILLING:
- 5 peaches, skinned and pitted and cut in wedges
- 1-2 large apples, cored, peeled and cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- pinch nutmeg and ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- PECAN OATMEAL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 8-10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
Prepare fruit. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Spray a 2-3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Toss fruit in a large bowl with apricot nectar, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, flour, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Spoon into oven dish.
For Pecan Oatmeal Topping: Combine oatmeal with flour, brown sugar and cut in butter to make a mealy topping.
Distribute over fruit.
Bake until juices of fruit start to bubble, around 30-40 minutes.
Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Marcy Goldman
Well - double the P's and you get the quintessential Georgia flavors.
A great picnic dessert or bbq treat.