Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 qts. brown sugar, packed
- 8 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 qts. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 qts. quick cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp. Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 cups raisins
Beat butter until fluffy; beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Combine flour, oats, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, salt and spices. Stir into creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
Scoop batter, using 1 1/2 oz. scoop, onto baking sheets; flatten to 2 1/2 inch diameter.
Bake at 350 degrees F. until cookies are beginning to brown at the edges, about 15 minutes.
Cool on wire racks.
Yield: about 12 dozen cookies