Apricot Sunrise Cream Cheese Tart
Serves 8 to 12
- Sponge or pound cake; sliced, toasted, and arranged to fit the bottom of 9-inch pan (about 1/3 of a cake)
- First layer
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- pinch salt
- Second layer
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint diced fresh or canned, drained apricots
- 1/2 cup apricot jam - warmed
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9-inch springform pan or deep tart pan with slices of the toasted pound cake.
In a food processor, blend ingredients for first layer until smooth. Pour onto crust. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the food processor (no need to rinse) blend sour cream, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth (a few seconds).
After first layer has baked, remove cake from oven and pour on second layer. Return cake to oven and bake until set (additional 20 to 28 minutes).
Refrigerate 2 hours and then arrange apricots on top. Glaze with apricot jam and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Chill again before serving.
Smooth and light, and pretty as a picture.