Fresh & Smoked Holiday Salmon Cakes
- 1 pound fresh Salmon Fillet
- 1/2 pound Smoked Salmon
- 1 medium shallot (minced)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp cucumber (peeled, seeded & finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp capers (rinsed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
Steam the fresh salmon until cooked through; cool and flake apart. Combine with the smoked salmon and rough chop together.
In a mixing bowl combine salmon, shallots, capers, cucumber, herbs mayo and the egg. Mix well, add the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. If the mix looks a little wet adjust with more bread crumbs.
Form into cakes.
You can freeze the cakes at this time for future use
Roll in additional bread crumbs and sauté until brown in olive oil over medium heat.