Dark and White Chocolate Chunk & Cherry Chanukah Cookies
Makes 25-46 cookies, depending on size
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry liqueur
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 400 F. Stack two baking sheets together and line the top one with parchment paper. Position oven rack to upper third position.
Plump dried cherries by covering with boiling water and let stand a couple of minutes. Drain well and toss with cherry liqueur.
Melt the unsweetened chocolate and set aside.
In a mixer bowl, cream the butter with the white and brown sugars. Blend in egg, yolk, and vanilla.Fold and blend in the melted chocolate.
Fold in salt, baking soda and flour. Fold in cherries, white and dark chocolate. Batter should be soft. Chill 10-15 minutes
Drop in generous tablespoons onto baking sheet, leaving space between dollops of batter. Place in oven, lower temperature to 350 F.
Bake until lightly browned around edges - 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies seem just set and edges are crisped.
Make these medium sized for serving or miniature, to give as gifts.