Chanukah Black and White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Makes 16-20 squares
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package chocolate pudding mix (any size, instant or regular)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- White Chocolate, 2-4 ounces, melted
- Chocolate Sundae Topping, warmed, for drizzling, (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
For the crust, place cookie crumbs, butter and brown sugar together and toss in the baking pan and then press into place. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. 8 by 11 (brownie pan)
In a food processor, cream the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add in the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla and blend well until smooth. Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake until just set, 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature 30-45 minutes. Cover lightly with wax paper and chill four hours, preferably overnight (and up until 6 days). You can also freeze this.
To serve, cut into squares and eat as is, dust with confectioners sugar or drizzle on warm Chocolate sundae topping and the melted white chocolate.
A pan of chocolate cheesecake bars, topped with white chocolate – what could be better? A dairy sweet for Chanukah.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman