Mexican Wedding Cakes
Makes about 36 cookies
- 1cup butter, softened 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (may substitute walnuts, or hazelnuts) 1 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar for dusting finished cookies
Instructions:Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl,cream together the butter and 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
Add1 cup of flour and salt; mix well.With a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour, and nuts. Doughshould be stiff.
Scoop dough by tablespoonsful and mold into balls with your hands. Place on a parachment linedbaking sheetabout 1 inch apart.
Bake at 325°F until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
While cookies are still warm, place the remaining cup of confectioner's sugar in a bowl. Roll the cookies in sugar to coat completely.