- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Clabber Girl Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan. Whisk dry ingredients and spices in a large bowl. Mix milk, eggs, molasses and vanilla extract together.
Beat softened butter into dry ingredients on low speed until mixture forms pebble-sized pieces. Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture and mix until smooth. Add remaining milk mixture in two stages; beat until batter is smooth. Add brown sugar and beat until incorporated.Pour batter into cake pan.
Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.