Cola BBQ Sauce
Makes about 2 cups.
- 2 medium onions, very finely minced
- 3/4 cup cola
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Wright's liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to simmer and cook another 45 minutes until sauce is very thick. Stir occasionally.
Use to baste hamburgers or hot dogs.
This quick and easy BBQ sauce turns anything into a smokehouse gourmet event. Liquid smoke is available in most supermarkets and is kosher.