Caraway Alt Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup alt beer
- 3 oz. light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley Blend all ingredients in a blender, and place in refrigerator to chill.
- 1-3/4 to 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 scallions, minced (include some green leaves)
- 1/3 cup chopped kosher dill pickles
- 6-8 radishes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil the potatoes in 1 quart water until tender.
Place the remaining raw vegetables in a large bowl and mix well with the dressing. Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain well in a 2-quart colander. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into quarters.
Toss the warm potatoes with the dressed vegetables, and let cool to room temperature. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.