Almond Cottage Cheese Pie
- 1 graham crust, homemade or prepared, in an 8-9 inch pie pan
- 1 1/2 cups dry cottage cheese or drained regular cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped, toasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the graham crust on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
In a mixer, blend the cottage and cream cheese, with the flour, salt, cream and sugar to combine well. Add in the eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and then fold in almonds. Spoon into graham crust. Bake until just set, about 30-45 minutes. Cool to room temperature and the refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Serve with sour cream or crushed pineapple, fresh fruit or pie topping.
Bake and chill and then luxuriate in this rich but not too rich, cottage cheese based sweet almond pie. Serve with sour cream or fruit or plain. This freezes well too. Dry cottage cheese is a kosher style cottage cheese also called hoop or baker's cheese. You can also use drained curd cottage cheese.