Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces*
- 1 cup coarsley chopped white baking bar with cocoa butter*
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts
- * You may substitute your choice of candies or dried fruits
In a large mixing bowl beat margarine and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, the brown sugar, sugar, eggs, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, and vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat or stir in the remaining flour. Stir in chocolate pieces, chopped white baking bar, and nuts.
For drop cookies: Drop dough from a rounded tablespoon 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375° oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 60.
For cookie squares: Spread batter into a greased 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until edges are browned. Cool and cut into squares
Instead of drop cookies, try making cookie squares with this recipe. Just spread into a greased jelly roll pan and bake!