Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 1 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder,
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 cup chopped chocolate mint candies
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or a mix of nuts and chocolate chips, all optional
- 2-3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3-6 tablespoons warm water, as needed
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 by 10 inch brownie pan with parchment paper and spray sides with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, blend butter or oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Fold in cocoa and blend well, and then remaining ingredients to make a thick batter. Fold in walnuts and chocolate mint candies. Spoon into pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake 25-28 minutes until just set.
For the frosting, blend all the ingredients on slow speed of mixer until things are combined. Increase speed, and add water, as required, to make a soft icing. Spread icing on brownies. Decorate with additional mint candies.
Makes 12-16 brownies