Pastel de Tres Leches (3 milks Cake)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12 oz. can ) evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Garnish: whipped cream
Grease and flour a 9x13 baking dish.
In a bowl, sift together the flour and Royal Baking Powder; set aside. In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, blending well. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture a little at a time until blended and pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and poke the cake with a fork all over the top. Mix together the 3 milks and pour over cake. Place in refrigerator until all liquid is absorbed. Top with whipped cream and serve.