Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
In large mixing bowl cream butter and honey together until light and fluffy. Melt chocolate in double boiler; add to creamed mixture. Beat egg in milk until well combined and add to mixture.
In a separate bowl combine flour, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, baking soda and salt. Sift two times; Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 to 45 minutes, until mixture is easy to handle.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Press each down lightly, and sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes.