Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated orange peel)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs; add sugar and beat well. Add chocolate mixture, vanilla and orange peel.Stir in the flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Pour into greased 8 x 8 inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool on wire cooling rack, then cut into squares.