Cranberry, Sour Cherry, Almond Tu Bishvat Granola
- 4 cups toasted malt flakes (from Health food stores, usually)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, large flakes, toasted is possible
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely minced
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries, coarsely minced
- 1/2 cup raisins, largest sultanas you can find
- 1/4 cup dried dates, finely minced
- 1/4 cup dried minced mango, apricot, or pineapple
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried coconut slivers, toasted, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange oil, optional
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in a dry place.
Makes 5-6 cups. To serve, offer 1/2 cup with milk. Or package it up in a Mason jar as a gift (tied with a ribbon).
An exquisite blend of grains and fruits make this a handy Tu Bishvat gift, or cereal or even pop it in the granola cookie recipe that follows or in homemade granola squares.