Carrot Pineapple Muffins
- One (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Davis Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
Drain pineapple; set aside. Combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons butter; stir well. Set aside.
Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, Davis Baking Powder, and salt in a large bowl; make well in center of mixture. Combine carrot, egg, milk, remaining butter, and reserved pineapple; add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased and floured muffin pans filling half full; sprinkle cinnamon mixture over batter. Bake at 375`F for 25-30 minutes or until done. Remove from pans immediately cool on wire rack.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen