Stir Fry Cashew Chicken or Turkey
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or 2 cups leftover chicken or turkey)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons Clabber Girl Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 small bunch scallions, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sherry, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; set aside. In small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, water, remaining soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch; mix well.
In a wok or large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add cashews and stir-fry about 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Heat remaining oil. Add white parts of scallion and pepper flakes, stirring for 30 seconds. Add chicken and marinade; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add remaining soy sauce mixture and green scallion parts cooking 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir in reserved cashews.
Yield: 4 servings