Lemon Drop Cookies
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- (Freezing a lemon before grating is a good way to get the zest)
Beat margarine and ssugar until fluffy. Add egg, lemon zest and lemonade. In a separate bowl, combine flour, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, baking soda. Add to lemonade mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Beat until thoroughly combined.
Mix together the 3 tablespoons sugar, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside for use when flattening cookies onto cookie sheet.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with bottom of a glass that has been dipped in the sugar/spice mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.