- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. each grated lime and lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. each grated lime and lemon peel
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Green food coloring (if desired)
- Garnish: Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 inches above pan at both ends.
In food processor or with mixer, process or beat crust ingredients until mixture clumps together. Press evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until light golden and firm when touched.
Meanwhile whisk filling ingredients in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in drops of food coloring until evenly tinted. Pour over crust. After baking, completely cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan by lifting foil to cutting board. Dust with powdered sugar.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and set.