Red Beet Hummus
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Zest of one large lemon, finely minced
- Sea salt, fresh pepper, to taste
- Finishing Touches:
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Cucumber slices
- Pita bread
Instructions:Place beets in a small pot of water and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain well. Place all ingredients, except cilantro, in a food processor and pulse to make a smooth paste. Chill when not serving.
To serve, offer with pita bread or as an appetizer, spread on cucumber rounds or slices, topped with cilantro and a crumbled goat cheese.
Makes 2 cups
Comments:Red Beet Hummus
Pretty in pink, indeed. This is a gourmet hummus that is making the restaurant rounds. I like it with pita breads or atop a spinach salad or as a condiment with poached salmon.