Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dates, or minced cranberries, loosely packed, plumped and dried
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts, optional or pumpkin seeds
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease 3 small loaf pans (8-by-4 inch), 12 to 16 mini loaf pans or 24 muffin cups. Flatten out some muffin liners for the mini loaf pans. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, blend the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and lemon zest. In another bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Mix into wet batter, stirring gently but thoroughly. Add dates, raisins and nuts.
Scoop batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake until loaves test done, a cake tester inserted into the center will come out almost clean, about 40 to 45 minutes for larger loaves, 25 to 35 minutes for mini loaves. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before unmolding and serving.