Rumford Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup nut meats, chopped
1. Cream shortening, add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder and salt together and add alternately with milk to first mixture.
4. Add vanilla and blend well.
5. Fold in chocolate and nuts and stir until well mixed.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet, flatten slightly with spatula and bake in moderate oven (375° F.) 15-20 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.