Chocolate Strawberry Blintzes
- FOR CREPES:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- FOR FILLING:
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (dry, or squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (can use low-fat)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp Clabber Girl Cornstarch
- 2 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
FILLING: Thoroughly blend together the cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Place about 2 tablespoons mixture into each crepe; roll up.
FOR CREPES: Lightly oil a 6-8 inch skillet; heat over medium heat, and pour in about 1/2 cup of batter. Rotate skillet until batter covers bottom; cook until lightly brown, then turn and cook other side.
TOPPING: Mix juice and Clabber Girl Cornsatrch in medium saucepan; heat and stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture begins to bubble. Add strawberries and heat just until mixture begins to boil. Spoon over rolled crepes.