- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups Homemade Biscuit Mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
Grease a 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pan. Set aside. In a small shallow bowl combine sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, cheese, and apple. Make a well in the center. Add water all at once. Stir just till mixture forms a ball. Divide into 18 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Roll balls in melted margarine, then in the sugar mixture. Arrange in a single layer in the prepared pan.
Bake in a 400° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan; serve warm.