Blueberry Bliss Cobbler
- This cobbler is pure blueberry bliss! It is luscious all by itself or served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and leftovers make a fabulous breakfast.
- For the filling:
- 5 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Clabber Girl Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- for the biscuit topping:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cinnamon sugar made with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir together filling ingredients in an 8-cup baking dish.
In a bowl blend together the flour, sugar, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and butter until the butter is like large flakes of oatmeal. Add the water and the vanilla and stir just until it forms a dough. Drop 8 mounds of the dough on top of the blueberry mixture and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the biscuit is golden and cooked through.
From Leslie Glover Pendleton