Green Salad with Mustard Dressing and Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated onion
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Boston or romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups watercress sprigs, coarse stems discarded
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Whisk together the mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and onion until smooth. Whisk in the oil in a stream and add salt and pepper to taste.
In a large salad bowl toss the lettuce and watercress with the dressing. Serve the salad on plates and sprinkle each serving with some of the nuts.
serves 8 to 12
From Leslie Glover Pendleton