Momís Turkey Soup
- The carcass of 1 turkey, broken into large pieces
- 3 celery ribs, chopped coarse
- 3 carrots, chopped coarse
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 6 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- Parmesan cheese as an accompaniment
In a large pot combine all of the ingredients except the tomatoes and noodles and cover with water. Simmer the soup for about 2 hours. Strain the soup over another pot. Discard the bones, adding the meat and vegetables to the broth. Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and simmer 20 minutes. Freeze the soup at this point, after cooling.
Bring the soup to a boil, add the noodles and boil 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
From Leslie Glover Pendleton