Chinese Chicken Salad
- 4 - 6 Chicken Breasts (poached or grilled, thinly sliced or slivered)
- 2 packets ramen noodles from ramem soup packets
- 2-4 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8-12 cups bok choy, romaine, radicchio
- 1 1/2 cups red peppers, thinly slivered
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1 15 ounce can baby corn, drained and diced
- ASIAN VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 soup packets (the dry spices) from ramen soups (kosher ones are available)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Break up noodles and then sauté ramen noodles in sesame oil til slightly browned. Remove and put aside.
Prepare salad and place in a large glass bowl. Blend vinaigrette ingredients.
Toss all ingredients together gently, including chicken.
Garnish with ramen noodles.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman