Filling for Romanian Strudel
- HORN OF PLENTY FILLING
- DRIED FRUIT AND TURKISH DELIGHT FILLING
- 2/3 cup jam (apricot, strawberry or seedless raspberry)
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped Turkish delight or any gummy-like, chewy candy
- 1/2 cup plumped, dried raisins
- 1/3 cup candied cherries
- 1/3 cup, canned pineapple, well-dried and diced
Mix ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl; set aside and have ready to fill strudel.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
Each filling is enough for one portion of dough (that is, 1/2 of one batch of Sour Cream Mock Puff Dough). You need not be exact with measurements and feel free to substitute what you like. Instead of the Turkish delight, I often use gummy bears, Swedish berries (cut up) or any other sort of tasty, jelly-like candies.