Oh! Canada Maple Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup*
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- very tiny pinch salt
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- GARNISH - Optional
- 1/3 cup grated maple sugar, or a dusting of dark brown sugar
- Serve with warmed maple syrup
- *Kosher maple syrup is not that common but does exist. Look for it online. One producer is in Vermont, under the name of Lande. If you cannot find kosher maple syrup, and require it, then use a quality, kosher, maple flavored table syrup instead.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Crust: In a food processor, pulse the graham crumbs, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and butterscotch chips together to make a crumbly mixture. This should take a few seconds. Remove and press into bottom of a 9 or ten inch springform pan.
Cheesecake: In a mixer, cream the cream cheese with condensed milk until smooth. Add in sugar, maple syrup, and eggs, one at a time, then vanilla, maple extract, and pinch salt. Pour into prepared pan. Place in oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
Bake until cake is set, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile prepared Sour Cream Topping.
Topping: In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, vanilla and sugar. Gently spread over baked cake. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes. Remove cake from oven and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Before serving, sprinkle with grated maple sugar or brown sugar.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
An ultra smooth maple cheesecake. Drizzle on warmed maple syrup to serve. Or, if you can find it, grate up maple sugar on top. If you have them available, you can also finely chop maple sandwich cookies and sprinkle them on top. This is good enough to salute.