Basic Scone Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare as directed above, except add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the flour mixture. Serve with fresh fruit.
- Bacon Cheddar Scones:
- Prepare as directed above, except add 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese, two slices of cooked, crumbled bacon, 1/4 teaspoon chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dough; mix well.
- Fruit Scones
- Prepare as directed above, except add 1 cup raisins, dates, or other dried fruit to the dough; mix well.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and Clabber Girl Baking Powder; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and oil. Add to flour mixture; mix well. Pat out on floured board and shape into a 1-inch thick round. Place shaped dough on a greased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges. Do not separate wedges.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
From The Clabber Girl Recipe Book
"RECIPES TO WARM THE HEART"