Passover Double Chocolate Biscotti
Approximately 24 slices
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Passover vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa, measured then sifted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups matzoh cake meal
- 1/4 cup matzoh meal
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Generously grease a 8 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, white sugar, brown sugar, Passover
vanilla sugar, and cocoa. Whisk in eggs, then stir in coffee, salt, matzoh
meal, matzoh cake meal, and potato starch. Let stand ten minutes. Fold in
chocolate and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake until top seems set, about 35-40 minutes. Wrap loaf well in foil and
refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 F. Cut loaf into slices, about 1/4 inch
thick. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake to dry out, turning once mid-way, about 15-20 minutes.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine