Passover Fudge Pecan Bars
About 30 squares
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter or unsalted Passover margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firm
- 1 tablespoon Passover vanilla sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup matzoh cake meal
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup whole pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Lightly grease 8 by 10 inch or 7 by 11 inch
brownie pan or (in a pinch, a 9 by 9 inch baking pan will do).
Melt chocolate and butter or margarine over low heat. Cool to room
temperature. Stir in sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, eggs, cake meal and potato
starch. Fold in pecans.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake about 35-40 minutes, until top seems
set and is beginning to take on a crackled appearance. Do not overbake.
Brownies should be set and seem dry to touch - but there should not be a dry
crust around sides.
To garnish, drizzle melted chocolate over brownies and dust with coarsely
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
You can use semi-sweet chocolate bars or baking chips for this recipe and
omit the nuts if you like - the result is still moist, chewy, fudgey bars.