About 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Passover vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups matzoh cake meal
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup finely ground walnuts or crushed potato chips (salted )
- 2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt. Stir in eggs, then cake meal, potato starch, walnuts or chips and last chocolate chips. Let stand ten minutes or chill.
Roll into large balls. Press slightly onto baking sheets. Bake until done, about 12-14 minutes. Cookies are fragile til cool. Remove when completely cooled.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
If these were not available in some form during Passover break, my sons would go on strike. Crushed potato chips give these a nice crunch.