- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. In a medium bowl combine milk, vanilla and melted butter. Add to dry mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased 8-inch square cake pan. In a bowl combine brown sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over top of batter. Pour hot water over entire top of mixture in pan. DO NOT STIR.
Bake at 350° F. for 40 to 45 minutes.