Alison's Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In small bowl, combine flour, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, eggs and water; beat until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in oats, white chocolate chips, cranberries, and orange juice.
Drop in round balls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes.
2001 West Virginia State Fair "Kid's Stuff" Cookie Contest - 5 - 9 yrs old category - First Place Winner