Crumb Topped Banana Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease muffin tins.
Prepare topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon or pour approximately 1/2 cup batter into prepared muffin tins (2/3-3/4 full). Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Hint: Use the butter wrapper to grease muffin tins.
The crumb topping makes these banana muffins stand apart from the ordinary