Apricot Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup margarine (softened to room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Beat until fluffy. In a separate bowl combine bananas and buttermilk, mixing until thoroughly combined. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and salt. Alternately add banana mixture and dry mixture to the creamed sugar and margarine. Mix well; add bran, apricots and nuts.
Pour mixture into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F. oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.