- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup strawberries, pureed
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or rolled oats
Sift flour, salt, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and lemon rind; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening with sugar. Add the beaten eggs and mashed bananas, stirring until smooth. Combine flour mixture with creamed mixture. Stir in strawberry puree just until blended. Mix in the chopped nuts or oats and stir till just combined. Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Best when served warm
Makes 1 loaf.
From the Clabber Girl Recipe Book
"RECIPES TO WARM THE HEART"