- 1-1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. milk
- 3 T. melted unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
In separate bowl, mix liquids. Pour liquids into dry mixture and mix just until moistened but thoroughly mixed (with no lumps or dry spots).
Pour into greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
Makes 9 pieces.
Mrs. Paula SwaimOrange, California