Broccoli Salad Supreme
- 4 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes (red or green or combination of both)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 2/3 cup toasted chopped nuts
Toss together the broccoli, celery, onions and graped in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine the sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar. Pour dressing over vegetables and grapes; stir gently to allow dressing to coat evenly.
From: Wabash Valley Family Favorites cookbook. Submitted by Belva Conner
Refrigerate overnight before serving, if time allows, for flavors to mix. Just before serving, add crumbled bacon and toasted nuts.
Serves 10 to 12