Marian Patrick's Ham Salad
- Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar (red wine is best)
- 1 to 2 lb. good smoked ham (preferably not canned)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
In a small bowl, mix together salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
For filling: Remove all fat from ham. Grind the ham, using a coarse blade on the grinder. Stir in the chopped egg and the pickle relish. Mix in enough of the reserved salad dressing to make the mixture spreadable, but not soupy. If need be, make more salad dressing, using the same proportions of 1, 1/2 and 1/4.
This is really good to eat on crackers or sandwiches.
From: Wabash Valley Family Favorites cookbook. Submitted by Linda S. Patrick