Holiday Pecan Bars
- 1/2 prepared Leslie's Master Dough
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- for the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press the Master dough evenly into a 10-by 15-inch jellyroll the pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes or until pale golden.
Stir together the egg whites, egg, brown sugar, coconut, pecans, flour, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, salt and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture over the crust and bake about 25 minutes more, or until set. Let cool completely on a rack.
Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice, adding enough juice to achieve a glaze that can be slowly drizzled from the whisk. Drizzle the glaze on top, let it dry completely and cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes about 10 dozen small bar cookies
Leslie's Culinary Café - Leslie Glover Pendleton